Thursday 21 February 2013

Nonsense/ disillusionment with Pinterest






Oscar Wilde didn't say this. What a pile of crock. What, was he sitting predicting the someday future escalation of motor vehicle use in his breaks from writing De Profundis? And can you imagine Oscar saying you don't love someone for their looks? Did he love Bosie for his interesting opinions and gentle nature?

Where do they get these Pinterest rubbish inspirational quotes that aren't?!!! Honestly. I shall have to stop looking at it.

And instead, I shall give you an alternative quote which is actually real, because I've just been listening to it:

Maybe there's a god above 
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.

Me too, Leonard. Me too.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I get really annoyed by these fake quotes, too. I have been known to spend ages looking up Dr Seuss books online... and learning that actually, yes, Dr Seuss did say lots of profound things!

Michelle said...

The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity - Abraham Lincoln.


Always good to see a Leonard Cohen lyric. I was listening to his live cover of Tennessee Waltz on the way home...

Unknown said...

Haha good spot, can't say I noticed. Oh the shame! My fave oscar quote:

True friends stab you in the front.

or

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

mooncalf said...

God I LOVE those quotes. Stalking the dumb shit Einstein, Marilyn Monroe and Mother Teresa have been saying recently is one of my favourite Pinterest activities :D